Giving back


Selamat Hari Raya everyone! 

While everyone was busy dealing with their annual spring cleaning, baking and raya shopping, I can't help but to count my blessings for everything that has been bestowed upon me. Alhamdulillah! More often than not, we catch ourselves complaining for not having enough and paying very little attention to the less fortunate. Ramadhan is the month of giving and as the saying goes, no one gets poor by giving.

I chose to do Project Give Back because of my desire to help those who are in need. The experience was not only rewarding and fulfilling, it was an eye opener. In fact, there had been times I was left on the verge of tears as we chatted and listened to their life stories. 

Our Project Give Back was organised 2 weekends prior to Raya. Our aim was to distribute basic provision needs to 4 needy families. With Hari Raya approaching, cordial drinks were considered too. We also chose trolleys instead of packing them in containers or recycled bags. (C'mon I'm sure the makciks/neneks go pasar can bring the trolley right?)



That's me and the bff doing our grocery shopping at NTUC. Our trolley caught the attention of many patrons.



None of this would've been possible without the help and advice from our friends and families. Monetarily, I know I can't provide much. So we roped our families in for donations. All in all, we received a whopping $600 worth of donations! Alhamdulillah! On top of the provisions that we distributed, we could still give them duit raya.

Looking forward to do this again, with more help the next time so we can help more households. 

Because anyone is capable of making a difference in someone else's life. 

Comments

Popular Posts